Monday 27 October 2008

Biological oddities

I'm not a "normal" guy. I mean ... I am. I'm somo sapiens sapiens.

However, I've been through a couple of odd experiences through my life so far.

First of all - I don't have a regular blood supply. I have blood. I have blood vessels. I don't have a beating heart though. What I have is a mechanical heart. It mimics a regular pulse, which fools most systems. I've been told, that my heart is powered by about 10 grams of anti-matter, and that the containment field is connected to my biological processes. As in "I die, I blow up". I kinda hope that isn't true, as 10 grams of anti-matter anihilating would be about as powerfull as a 200 kTon nuclear explosion. Obviously I haven't tried this out, but I do seem to be emitting gamma-rays.

My blood isn't quite normal either. It does have blood in it, but only 75% of my blood is actual blood.

One percent is made up of maintenance nanobots. These keep my blood free of toxins, poisons, viruses, bacteria, fungi etc. Very cool, but also means I can't get drunk or even high. Not so cool. 

On a somewhat related note, I have a fairly high amount of naonbots swarming my body at all times. These repair tissue damage fairly rapidly. Cut out a pound of flesh and it'll be back inside of 24 hours. Cut off a finger and it won't grow back - that was a stupid experiment.

Then there's a sort of organic silver compound - not sure what it is or even how it works, I just know that lycanthropes really hate getting my blood on them. This makes up about 10%,

Aparently part of my blood is holy water. Not sure why, but I suspect it might be related to a whole month of my memory that I'm missing. This makes up about 15%.

The rest of my blood (about 10%) seems to be some kind very effective oxygen carrier. I tried testing just how long I could hold my breath under water, but after roughly an hour I was shivering with cold and not in a mood for continuing.

As I said - I'm a bit weird

No comments: